Thursday, June 9, 2016

As I know that during Beta Testing, little things matter

I have been testing the beta version of the Pulse camera remote. And with the exception of a few things, I haven't found anything not to like.

Started off rocky, as mine arrived a bit earlier than expected, and the web page for it with instructions and links to the phone app wasn't set up. A few traded messages and that was rectified.

The device:  Small, compact, easily set up on the camera (I'm currently testing on a Canon 5D3).  My one issue is the cord is a bit short and tight. Yes, it's wound like a spring, and if I pull it a few times, it does stretch, but before I did that the rubber port covers on the camera and the tension of the cord was pulling the plug from the remote socket.  As I typed, some stretching of the cord helps.

The App: Once you get the Pulse on your camera, power up the camera then the pulse.  Paired up with phone via bluetooth without incident.  App found my camera set up without issue.  My one complaint about the app, is that the "Back" button on the phone, instead of going to previous screen, it exits the application.  So, if you are in settings, press back after you've adjusted something, it exits the program, rather than return to the previous screen.

As I typed, in beta testing, little things matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment