Friday, June 3, 2016

Oh, my desktop computer,

How I have missed you! Let's try not to have another meltdown, ok? 

Had a bit of a panic when I got  NTLDR is missing when I first booted up.  Then I remembered, just go into the BIOS and change the boot order.  Yay! No more NTLDR... but then I got UEIF error in regards to the OS.  Ok, reboot, back into the BIOS, go into the advanced settings, change the Security to OTHER OS.  That problem solved.

Booted into Windows.  Well, once again, one program says my left monitor is #1 Primary, but another says the OTHER one is.  I can live with that. 

Connected the two powered USB hubs. A USB3 and a USB2.  Then I added one device at a time. Once the drivers were installed for it, connect another.  Rinse, and repeat as necessary.  The only thing I can't get connected is the replacement replacement Seagate drive. The USB3 Sata Bridge on it just won't play nice. Fine. Alan can have it.

After two months down there was gbs worth of updates.  Yikes. 

Alan knows what I'm like when I start working on computers. I don't eat. I drink coffee, and water and just keep working until things are done.  He all but sat me down with a lunch in front of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment