Thursday, October 27, 2016

As much as I like DIVX player

I had been having problems with VLC, it would 'forget' what audio device for sound and when I reselected which one, restarted it would start with the volume locked in 150%.  So, I uninstalled it and installed DIVX.

DIVX player has better sound, can rescale video up while keeping the image quality good, it has a few things that irk me.  It won't open in full screen when it starts, doesn't play DVDs unless you rip them to a hd, and 'stop' is missing from the tool bar.

I know it sounds petty but like water dripping in the middle of the night it can end up being enough. So, I reinstalled VLC player and hoped the issues I had been having were 'fixed' with a fresh install.

Although VLC doesn't have as good a sound quality, it does play DVDs, and can be configured to open full screen on start up.

No comments:

Post a Comment