Wednesday, April 12, 2017

This ought to be fun

It seems my Windows 8.1 w/WMC issues have been punted up to 'escalated'. But what got me is right off the bat, their email to me; My name isn't Stephanie. From there on their email was obsequious and condescending all at the same time. I let em have it with both barrels. Politely, of course.

First, their email to me:

Hello Stephanie,

We have been attempting to contact you at the phone number you provided (SRX 1381099960) but we have been unable to reach you. As we have not heard back from you thus far, we will be moving forward with archiving your case.

If you are no longer experiencing your issue, feel free to disregard this email.

If this is not the case, please contact us at your earliest convenience and we would be happy to assist. You may respond by either replying directly to this message or by calling us. My contact information is listed in my signature below.

Please be sure to include the following information in your response:

Phone:

Preferred contact Date:

Hours Available:

Time Zone:

Please allow at least one business day for a response.

My response:

Please stop lying, NO one has tried to call me. You have both of my phone numbers, and have had them for years, as I subscribe to ASSURE. A simple look up on my name and email address on your end would show you all my information.

I do still need help. But every time I have tried, your support keeps doing the exact same thing, regardless.

Let me tell you ONE MORE TIME:

Windows 10 Assessment tools said my Windows 8.1 Pro with Windows Media Center Sony Vaio laptop was Windows 10 Compatible/Ready.

I upgraded. To say it was a disaster would be an understatment.

Turns out that my graphics card was NOT supported by Windows 10 (your assessment tool was WRONG) and it kept unloading the graphics driver, BSODing, and this was in the first DAY. The Windows 10 update almost bricked my laptop.t would get to the login screen, and it kept refreshing over and over and over and over. After almost 3 hours, if it doing this, I was finally able to login and perform the roll back to Windows 8.1 Pro with Windows Media Center.

The roll back was only partially successful, and I have been plagued by slow start up, even with everything NOT MS prevented from starting at login. Windows Media Player and Windows Media center kept having errors. I logged into MS Help, got tech support, and was told to go to ADD FEATURES remove Windows Media Center and Player, and re-add them. So I followed those instructions, but when i went to Add Features, Windows Media Center kept failing to installed, and it's no longer listed in the APPS store.

I have gone through this 4 or 5 times, 2 to 6 hours at a time, with your support staff, and what it boils down to is I need an installation disc/ISO/FILE of Windows 8.1 Pre 64bit with Windows Media Center. I know you no longer sell it, but I'm NOT asking to buy it, as I already have. I can't be the only WIndows 8.1 Pro w/WMC who has had this problem.

Now, I know your EULA/TOS says Microsoft can't be held resposible for any damage caused, even when it is caused by your own flipping software, but I have had a Sony Vaio PAPERWEIGHT because YOUR Windows 10 Assessment tool was wrong, and the Windows 10 installation has made a mess of my Sony Vaio. The computer is basically unusable. It is my portable photo editing studio, my portable work computer, and NOT having it has cost me time and money and jobs I have had to turn down.

I got a phone call without giving them my phone number again, proving the lie they had been trying to get ahold of me by calling. I nicely corrected them as to my name. They said someone would call me between 12 and 1 today, so imagine my surprise when they called me at 10:30am.

He said he will call back at the originally agreed upon time. (When I say my Windows 8.1 laptop is slow to totally boot into Win Desktop, including the desktop icons.. 14 freaking minutes, and no, there is nothing wrong with hardware.)

No comments:

Post a Comment