Thursday, June 1, 2017

100% Edited in On1Photo RAW 2017.5 Pre-release

This was an image that I knew had issues. Noisy, lighting all over the place because of cloudy skies during a rainy sunrise.

On1 develop the raw image. I made sure I had clipping visible, and reduced the white levels, but not entirely, as it is a sunrise image, so a small bright spot is to be expected.  I then went to Lens Correction. On1, like Adobe Camera Raw, picked the wrong lens. The lens used was the Tamron 24-70, but they both seem to want to choose the Sigma 24-70. Easy enough to manually select the Tamron. All distortion and chromatic aberrations gone without any need of extra adjusting.

Noise Reduction: I have to say I am finally satisfied with how On1 handles noise reduction.

Then I went into EFFECTS.  Used Dynamic Contrast, customized setting.  Used Local Settings, a brush, to boost the details in the center of the rocks, making a more detailed path to the ocean. Another brush, to darken the clouds just a slight amount to bring out some details. Last was a Local adjustment, gradient, on the rocks to give them a bit of warmth.

Exported high res jpg into Photoshop, resized and watermarked. Saved.

I am quite pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment