Thursday, June 15, 2017

Maybe it's just me

But when I install a new version of a program over an older version, I always make sure I have the previous version, or versions, available just in case there is a problem with the latest.

Someone on a forum asked "How can I roll back to the previous version? (with the only other info is that the current one is bad, has problems and the problems haven't been fixed in the latest version)

I said he should be able to just reinstall the older version to overwrite the newer.

He left a snarky reply "If I had the older version, I doubt I would be on here to ask about rolling back."

So I left equally snarky reply "Your original post didn’t mention you didn’t save the previous version before overwriting with a new version. *shrug*"

No comments:

Post a Comment