Friday, March 23, 2018

It's been at least 3 years of full on suck

There was a mass on my left shoulder. It got all inflamed, and scheduled to have it removed.  The surgery for that went ok, but it left a deep deep hole in my back. It took over 9 months for it to fill and heal. 

About a month after it had healed, I tripped over some shoes someone left in a doorway, hyper extending my knee.. or so I thought.  After months of pain, and it not healing,  I had an MRI. Turned out I had shredded what was left of the meniscus and had bone on bone grinding. 

Tried two synovial treatments, 5 months apart, and although they did work, my body broke them down too fast, leaving me limping badly. 

Total knee replacement surgery was only option.   I had a few set backs, from over doing things during the recovery process. A possible case of compartment syndrome (scheduled test for it), but over all it was going great. I was just starting to be able to DO things again.

Until last Sunday.  A L Plater panicked, stomped on his accelerator, and t-boned us on the passenger side.  I was in the passenger seat. 

Whiplash, mind concussion, and a swollen bruised left knee. Fairly sure I didn't screw up the new knee, but will have it checked out next week. Had to cancel the test for compartment syndrome, as I can't walk on a treadmill without limping, which will not work for the test. Has been rescheduled.  Pain from my eyebrows down to my ankle.

I must have pissed off the "Fcuk up Fairy" big time, but I have no clue as to how or why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment