Friday, April 27, 2018

Playing around with On1 and Alienskin with CS5

I know quite a few people who still use CS5, don't want to rent CC, and didn't get CS6 because they didn't need it, and they feel left out because too many software makers aren't including it in their new plugins and tools.

Because I actually still have CS5 (and CS6, which is still being supported) I test and experiment to find ways to make things works.

I posted before on how to use On1PhotoRaw 2018 as your default RAW editor.  It slams Adobe Camera Raw to the sidelines when it comes to what it can do.  But you do have to go through a few hoops to get it to work with CS5 as a plugin, but there is a way.

But moving on to Alienskin.  I had been using OnOne Focal Point 2, but with the installation of On1PhotoRaw plugins, it doesn't work. You get a JAVASCRIPT error. 

 

CS 5 Error Using Focal Point

If you remove the photoraw plugins, it will go back to working. That is rather fiddly to have to do. 

Enter Alienskin Bokeh.  I installed it to CS5 years ago, and have kept it updated. It's one of the few Adobe compatible plugins you can SELECT what host program you want to install it to.  It works just as well as OnOne Focal Point 2. I really liked Focal Point, but seeing that AlienSkin can pick up where FP left off, means I still have that tool as part of CS5.

No comments:

Post a Comment