Tuesday, September 11, 2018

A year ago today, on Sept 11th, 2017

I was signing into Mount Hospital, to have a total knee replacement. I was scared, worried, almost in tears, but knew it had to be done.

The recovery has been a bit of ups and downs.  Doing too much one day, then taking a week to get over it. Restless nights, nausea, pain, depression. The frustration at not being able to just DO.

Then there was the improvements, getting better, easier to walk around, getting out. 

5 Months in, broadsided in a car accident, setting my recovery back a few months. Fighting my way back to where I was prior to the accident, and then beyond.

The knee joint is all healed, and now working on getting the tendons that were injured in the car accident healthy and strong.

I'll get it done... I'm too stubborn not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment