Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Knee Replacement 1 year Post Op.

Knee joint replacement is great. I managed to dodge a bullet when I caught pneumonia, as it's common for infections to spread from one area of the body to the joint replacement area.

The acute pain I've been having. Mr S said that since I was still experiencing pain from the knee replacement at the time, I didn't feel the damage/injury sustained on the anterior of my knee when we were T-boned. The pain of the surgery lessened, making the pain just under the knee cap causing me to gasp in pain if I stood in one place too long, or causing me to limp a lot first thing in the morning.

Tendinopathy, treatable, but painful. It's also the reason I get pain going across the top of my foot, just below shin. Treat the tendinopathy, and the ankle/foot issue *should* self resolve. Had ultrasound and TENS treatment. Also wearing compression tape under the knee, on top of the tendon.

Knee bend, unassisted, 125 degrees. 130 is considered perfect. Not too bad. Hayden was quite impressed (he was my Pre-Op physio). I see Matt the Torturer on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment