Monday, October 8, 2018

Visit to the GP.

After a lengthy discussion, and some pointed questions, a course of action has been set up.
As it's not the brain, but nerve pain, I don't have to ditch other medication, but it will be shelved for a while.

For now, I am on a regimen of Lorazepam and magnesium. I might end up a bit groggy, or in need of a nap on occasion, but you know something, i can live with that. 

Within an hour from taking the first dose, I noticed that the tingling and tightening feeling had faded, and two hours later, I took a nap. AND I didn't have an seizure/episode when I changed position or got up.

2nd dose will be later this afternoon. And if I sleep through the night, fine. If not, the next day take one lorazepam prior to going to sleep.

Will be on this protocol for 4 weeks.

After this, I will be seeing a counselor, along with the medication, because stress, lack of sleep, and a few other non-neurological/brain issues can cause dystonia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment