Friday, February 25, 2022

The only good thing I've found so far

I have been using/wearing a Samsung Gear2 smart watch. It worked great, only needing charging every three to four days, and the version of Samsung health could measure pulse, blood oxygen and a few other things.

Along comes update on phone. Now Gear2 doesn't work, not because of hardware, but because of software. The new Samsung Health does a 'check version' on the watch, and blocks it from connecting. I email Samsung about why they're using software to block the watch. They said internet security reason. What?  The watch didn't connect to the internet, just phone.  I called bullshit, and pretty much told them so, but in polite language.  They replied with a snarky comment about watch being 'obsolete'.  THEN WHY THE F**K IS IS LISTED IN THE ACCESSORIES!

(deep breath)

Samsung suggest I get one their new smart watches, as the prices of $399 to $499. Uhh, no. I told them I don't buy items that have deliberate obsolescence built it, as you can't change the battery if it stops charging.

Dilemma: What to do.

Solution: Either buy one of my old model smart watch, that had has different OS flashed on it, and can be used with the OS makers own health software, or go in search of an 'old' model that is still compatible with the new phone.

I chose option two. at 1/4 the price of the new ones. I miss a great many features and abilities I had on my old watch. Like being able to choose a photo background AND what display of watch. Can't do that, so picked the least eye-bending color.

The only good thing I have found so far, it's great at reminding me to get up and walk around.

No comments:

Post a Comment