Thursday, November 26, 2009

We "nerd", therefore we are

Today was shopping around for a few things.

Before Aikidomayland left for his trip, he flipped the wrong circuit breaker on and off a few times, totally scragging Alan's hard drive. Joy. Just after he got it all set up.

So we headed out to Disc World (no, no turtles in space, or a wizard named Two-Flower), to get Alan a replacement hard drive, and to get memory upgraded in my Netbook.

Also, my AcerRacer no matter what I tried to do to have it run cool (cooling mat, small fan blowing on it, making sure the vets are clear, running the CPUs at only 80% etc etc), it keeps overheating, and it's just a matter of time before it totally packs it in, so I went shopping.

Never will I get any computer hardware at Harvey Norman (Forever and always known as "Hardly Normal") I spotted a computer (The Aspire Z5610) that would not be replaced because of obsolescence for several years. But at Hardly Normal, the guy quoted me a price. and told me it was exclusive to Hardly Normal. I said I would think about it.

We went back to Disc World, and just for giggles I asked the guy about the same computer that Hardly Normal quoted for me. $700 less. No, that isn't a typo.

Now, I am all for businesses making money, but screwing people over isn't the right way to do it. I will be picking it up next week. I will wait a week to save $700. Exclusive to HN my ass.

Here's hoping that AcerRacer 1 will hold out that long.



No comments:

Post a Comment