Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another thing that happened yesterday

Three times I got stopped and asked about my "I Am A Local Photographer! Not a Tourist!" shirt. One woman in the bread section of Coles Freo, two girls in the softdrink section, and a gent in the dairy area. The woman in the bread section of COLES Freo asked me "Do you wear that when you're overseas?" I sorta chuckled and said "I am overseas". Then splained about how when I went out and about taking photos, people would ask why. When they heard US accent this is a wood for word exchange.

"Oh, so how long will you be staying here?

"Been 10 years so far."

"When are you going back home?"

*looked at watch* "In about 30 minutes, when dinner is ready."

She walked away laughing.

Similar convos and reactions with the others who stopped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment