Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I have been remiss

With Aikidomayland's on vacation, and DSLR instructions (with me tagging along for moral support mostly) I haven't been posting often. I have been taking some fantastic photos myself, but haven't really had the sit down time to sift through them. Here are a few. I have been hanging out near my little potted lime tree, habituating the birds to my being out there. I guess it's working. Soggy Wattlebird in four parts


Part 1: diving right in!



Part 2: Coming up for air.



Part 3: Shake some off



Part 4: Settle feathers so it can fly.


I have been trying to get photos of this itty bitty honey eater, about the size (for my use friends) of a Hummingbird. I am hoping they will come around during the morning when I have enough light to use a high shutter speed, but as it stands now, they keep coming around late afternoon, early evening.


EDIT: This is the best photo I have been able to get of this small honeyeater (not sure what variety) Compare it to the brute in the photos above, and you can understand why getting a clear shot of this little thing needs brighter light, faster shutter speeds.




No comments:

Post a Comment