Monday, February 27, 2012

Not that I'm against Australia making money

But when price disparity is so great... something else must be done.

I purchased PhotoShop CS3 Extrended on Ebay some years ago. I got it for less because CS 4 had come out.

Then CS5 Extended came out. I had looked into seeing if I could get the upgrade for it, rather than buying the full version out. I was happy to find out I could! Boo yah! Then, the disparity hit.

Even though I opened my Adobe account when I was in the US, now that I live in Australia, I have to use the Australia Adobe market. The price kind of rocked me. Upgrade from $585 AUD.

Exact same upgrade from Amazon $268, and no that isn't a typo. Only problem, Amazon only ships this product in the US.

Because of living in Australia, the price was doubled. And it really doesn't make sense when you take into account that the Aussie dollar was worth more than the US dollar at the time!

So, what I did, was get a US mailing address, a mail drop. $60 for the year. Bought said software from Amazon (free shipping to drop mail because it was over $25), it arrived there in 3 days. Then it was shipped out Feb 22nd to me. Just arrived this morning. Drop mail has paid for itself for the next 5 yrs with this one savings alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment