Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Joys of Setting up a computer

Yes, saying in a sarcastic tone of voice.

With my Acer laptop constantly overheating and shutting down it was inevitable that it would end up getting replaced. What my biggest issue is now is reinstalling software that has limited activations. I have emailed support to two of them, getting iffy results so far.

I emailed support for Nik Software. It's not like I planned for one Acer Desktop to be replaced by a new model, thereby making my disc image totally useless. Also, it's not like I planned to have the laptop have self destructive overheating problems. I got rather lackluster response from them, so I called the local (Australia) number. He rather liked my comment about if I was trying to rip em off I sure as hell wouldn't be giving them my real name, phone number ect etc. He said he will look into it right away.

Moving on:

OnOne software: I have 4 of their products. I provided them with the order numbers, my email address, all the pertinent information.
Photo Suite 6.1
PhotoTools 2.6
Photo Essentials 4
PhotoTune 3.07

They reset activation for ONE of them. *headdesk*

No comments:

Post a Comment