Friday, March 22, 2013

Because they can

Adobe/Apple's excuses for grossly inflating the prices Aussies pay.



I opened my Adobe Account when I was living in the US. Little did I know I would end up at the receiving end of Adobe's price gouging geoblocking business model after moving to Australia.

It took a bit of effort on my part to bypass this, by way of a drop mail address, a really good trusted friend, and a proxy service that tells said geoblockers that I'm in their own back yard. And tech savvy people like me doing this is, in my opinion, why Adobe will no longer have boxed software for shipping, moving to downloads only. That's when having a good friend who you can give the money to pay for the software, then give you the serial number comes in handy. (did that twice, so far)

So, why do they charge such higher prices? There's only one answer. Because they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment