Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Third time's a charm"

Yesterday, two books I ordered from Amazon, the ones that cost less to have shipped to my US address, then shipped to me, than shipped directly from Amazon. *sigh* I opened the box, which was in perfect shape, to find the two books with a cardboard back with the shrink wrap around it. Yes, the box was a bit too big, but hey that's typical.

What isn't typical is that both books were dropped before they were packed.

This one was definitely dropped. I worked at WaldenBooks long enough to know what a dropped hard cover book looks like. And it was dropped prior to being shrink wrapped as the wrapping was perfectly conformed to it.




The damage on the orange book could be shelf wear damage.



What did Amazon do? Offer me 45% refund on the LEAST damaged book. Hullo? Hell no, if you're going to offer a refund, you do so on the item that was damaged the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment