Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Side effect of phone having a breakdown

Although I have most of my apps restored via GooglePlay, one of them seems to have vanished.

I went to the app author's site, Ximad, and saw the app was listed there, and sent my details of original purchase. The reply was "That app is no longer available on GooglePlay."  It was all I could do to not respond "No shit, Sherlock. That's why I'm contacting you." I reiterated that it was listed on their site for Android, as well as Windows and iPhone.

I got replay "That app is no longer available on GooglePlay."   I pointed out about their listing, and this time the reply was "We forgot to update the site. The app is no longer available."  I told them that due to the nature of the internet, the app was still available but I would prefer to get it from the original programmer/source.  Told again, it's not available. No explanation, nada.  I mean, if they had told me they sold the rights to it (they hadn't) it would be one thing, but what they did was pull it and put out an "in app purchases" version, which I did NOT want.  "The app isn't available"?

Really?  Then why was I able to find it elsewhere and install it?  No, I didn't pirate it, but after the 10 message runaround Ximad gave me, it was tempting.

So, screw you, XiMad. Anything you might come up with again can rot for all I care because your customer service sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment