Monday, June 30, 2014

The intelligence of cats.. especially Ziggy.

It's not any deep dark secret that Ziggy does not want or even like having Trance in 'her' house. But this is just mind blowing.

I saw Ziggy come into my study. She jumped up on the sofa, and instead of just curling up to snooze, she sat, with front feet not tucked up under her, and staring out the door. Watching.. just watching, ears perked forward. 

This caught my attention. So, I watched Ziggy.

A few moments later, I see Trance, kind of walking low and cautious, heading toward the laundry area.  I got ready to stop Ziggy from going after Trance, but Ziggy just sat on the sofa.. watching. 

Huhwha?  I got up quietly to check on Trance, and what greeted me was this: Trance almost getting outside, but for me nudging the laundry basket, she spooked and ran back into the front area of the house.

Ziggy had opened the side door but didn't go outside. Instead she came back into the study, hopped onto the sofa and waited. If it hadn't been for the laundry basket, Trance would have gotten out.

Ziggy couldn't have told Trance to get out any clearer, could she?

No comments:

Post a Comment