Friday, February 27, 2015

Don't make me angry.. you won't like me when I'm angry

 

After week of feeding me copied and pasted bull$hit from the FAQs, that even though I had quoted their FAQs in my support ticket, I had enough of their non-support.  Here is my reply to yet another inane copy/paste from FAQ with another link to the full version to download.

I did all of this, I even tried it on a different computer, running Windows 8.1, fully updated, firewall shut off, anti virus shut off, malware protection shut off, and the problem of it not connecting to DirectorZone persists.
After weeks of uninstall, reinstalls, manual edits, manual searches, registry searches, then the week of trading messages with you telling me to do what I had already done time and again, I ended up saying f**k it and I downloaded the trial version of PhotoDirector 6, renamed the PhotoDirector5 folder, and launched PhotoDirector 6 via Media Suite interface.
Guess what? THAT one connects without a single problem. There is an inherent problem in PhotoDirector 5, as PhotoDirector 4 connected without issue, and now PhotoDirector 6 connects, I think you should give everyone who just purchased PD5 a free upgrade to PD6.
I have been a long time customer, and yes, I seem to have problems with your software (whenever an update gets applied, the program no longer functioning was my biggest bugbear which was remedied by downloading full version and installing, rather than using updates) and I highly doubt I will be updating/upgrading to any newer versions again.
I know I am not your only customer, but offering a Media Suite for what turns out to be outmoded versions of your programs (do you have ANY idea how pissed off I was when I thought I had gotten a good holiday bargain, only to get nothing but update, upgrade notices from within the programs?) , and with a history of updates that ended up bollixing the programs, resulting in having to either purchase the next version or not being able to work?
You, Cyberlink, are the undisputed champion of the "bait and switch".

No comments:

Post a Comment