Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Do you ever...

Do you ever want to hunt down whoever is answering your tech support question and smack em upside the head because they aren't actually reading what you put in the support request?

Summation: My Windows 7Pro 64bit desktop has the AverMedia H727 HDMI 3D card, and it has its own remote.  But the remote ONLY works with AverMedia Center. It doesn't work with Windows Media Center.

So, I bought the AverMedia A867R with remote that is advertised to work with Windows Media Center.  I follow the installation instructions, and all the remote will do is start WMC . I can't navigate through any of the menus, select anything.  I can only start it.  The remote works fine in AverMedia Player, but that software is a pain in the ass, counter intuitive and it doesn't play DVDs, whereas I can play DVDs via Windows Media Center.

I scour the internet, forums, FAQS to find any information as to why this isn't working. Tested Remote. Yup, works fine. Batteries; put new ones in. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted (repeat three times). No joy.


So, I send support request explaining everything above, almost word for word, and they are either hiring imbeciles, people with a vague grasp of English, or those who only know how to copy/paste... maybe all of the above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment