Monday, May 1, 2017

DYI with real replacement parts

When Wing got home, we headed to Bunnings and picked up a 1981-2000 Coroma cistern valve gasket set. Don't get me wrong, my rigging worked perfectly, but it probably wouldn't have lasted as long as a proper set of gaskets/washers.

Dismantled the cistern valve, removed all the old rubber gaskets/washers, replaced them with new silicone ones, reassembled the valve, once again, forgetting to put the anchor collar on.

Turned the water on, and I had fountain! In my hurry to get the job done, I forgot Number 1 rule when replacing gaskets/washers:  turn the water on slowly to allow the water pressure to properly seat the gaskets. *sheepish grin* 

It's all working.  But boy is my back stiff and sore from staying slouched over the cistern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment