Sunday, October 1, 2017

Got a new bed yesterday

Queen sized, lower than the double. I thought I would have difficulty sleeping in a new bed, but nope. It was so comfortable. I went to bed, pulled the blanket up, and next thing I knew, it was morning. I did have a brief wake up when Wing came back from his gaming session, but I slept almost 9 hours in total.

Wing and I went for a few short walks yesterday, which probably accounted for my good resting last night.  Headed to City Farmers to get cat food for our 4 purr kids.  They had a great sale going on, so we stocked up.  I really like that they paid attention to what their customers were saying. I had been asked why I hadn't been around for a long time, and I told them honestly that it was less expensive to go to grocery stores, as one or more of what we used was on sale.  I was told that was one of the reasons they brought the prices down.  And because of that, we go there now, instead of the grocery store.

Then we headed to Coles, and walked around there for about a half hour. It's slow going on crutches, but at least it's going. When we got back, I was rather surprised at how tired I was.  Had a light supper, and went to bed before 9.

The knee is still stiff, but the pain level is being managed with proper medications.  I understand what Dr S said that the majority of the rehab is pain management, because if you can't do the bends/stretches/exercises because of pain, it would take even longer to recover.  But I have learned to not over do it, and I learned the hard way by over doing it.  So, this patient must be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment