Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Six weeks post op

Saw the nurse practitioner first for a quick check. Mostly to make sure I was handling the recuperation. Checked the scar, pronounced it well healed. Then out to the waiting room.

Was called in by Dr S. He was quite impressed with my recovery to date. Discussed pain management. All doses have been reduced by half (yay!), except one of the anti-inflammatories. Will use those until they're gone. See him again in six weeks.

Last, but not least, time to see Matt, the physio. Asked me where did I feel binding when I bent my knee. Showed him the area on top of my knee cap, and the tendons on the right side. The scar is a bit drawn on top of my knee cap, so Matt worked to stretch it out a bit. Did the same with the tendons. Matt said have Wing take me somewhere the walking surface is flat, with light pedestrian traffic, and start taking meandering walks for the next stage of rehab. With and without the crutches as soon as I feel confident enough to go without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment