Saturday, October 7, 2017

Seriously, what the hell

I have Adobe CS5 Extended. I have had it for a long time. I upgraded it from Adobe CS3 Extended.  For years, I have been using it without any problems.  Although I have CS6E, I use CS5 to tutor those who have it, and to test plug ins to see if they will work with earlier versions.

Today, I started it up and it says "NOT A VALID LICENSE NUMBER".  WTF?  Ok, figuring it was a system hiccup, I get both boxes with the license/serial numbers.  I put in the one for CS5E. All good.  Then it wants the serial for qualifying product, CS3 E.  Invalid serial number.  I double checked to make sure I didn't mistype. Nope, but the interface still says invalid serial number. I type it in again, STILL invalid number.

I head off to Adobe site, to my account to check to make sure all my info is correct.  Imagine my surprise when the ONLY product listed is ONE instance of CS6E.  Bizarre considering I have CS6 Master Suite, too.  And CS5, and CS3, and 4 different versions of Photoshop Elements.

Seeing no way to rectify this problem myself, I start up help chat. Was told it would be a 4 minute wait. Ok, no problem.  Then it said 3 minute wait. Good, good. Then it jumped to 20 minute wait. Huh?   Then an hour.  Then down to 15 minutes.  Then back up to an hour.

I don't have time to futz around waiting.  Let's just say I got it working again. I look at it this way. I legally own my copies of CS3E and CS5E. If Adobe doesn't want it to play nice, I, like a good mommy, will MAKE it play nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment