Saturday, December 23, 2017

Sometimes, having a legacy subscription is better

I use Skype, mostly to call the U.S..  I have an subscription that is no longer offered, and as long as I continue to renew it, it can't be changed.  600 minutes direct to phones all over the world per month, and free Skype to Skype calls.

I did notice my rates went up, so I logged into their support chat. Found out that all yearly rates have gone up, and since it's not by a helluva lot, that's fine by me. But he did mention that my subscription was 'no longer supported, did I want to update'.  I told him "No thank you, I was told by R**** (person I dealt with before) said I could keep my legacy subscription, as it was 'grandfathered in', as long as I continue to renew it."

I could almost hear the crickets chirping after I typed that out. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment