Wednesday, December 6, 2017

3 Months post op

Mr S is very pleased with my recovery, even though I am frustrated.  He said I was being to hard on myself, and the fact that I am at what it normally takes 6 months to get to at 3 months shows all the hard work and effort I've put into  my recovery. 

He was a bit concerned about how the surgical scar has turned into a keloid scar.  It's much thicker, and more livid than he would like. I showed him other scars I had that were from deep cuts, and although they are faded, they are also keloid scars.  There is a treatment for it, and if it doesn't work, it can lessened with laser treatment.  (On an aside, the reason I have such good skin is the same reason for the keloid scarring.. a goodly amount of collagen.) 

The knee is stable, the leg bends only a half a centimeter less than the uninjured knee now.  And I am developing strength back into the leg. Also lost another 2kgs.

The hypersensitive spot on my knee, just keep rubbing it. It will settle down.  As will the involuntary twitching of the leg.  I told Mr S that I have been having trouble sleeping, and although that is normal, he was concerned how often it was happening. It's because of the pharmaceuticals.

Medications: turned out that the last prescriptions I got were slightly screwed up.  I wasn't given one of them, the slow release version, which is why I have been having shitty nights sleeping because of pain. The only one they filled was the quick release one, which would wear off in the middle of the night. This was rectified and I now have the correct dose of the correct medication.

I was sent home with an admonition. Even though my knee/leg feels better, do NOT overdo it.  I've recovered well above average, and I don't need to muck it all up by doing too much, and screwing it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment