Thursday, September 1, 2022

8 weeks post-op

Had session with Hayden the Horrible. I told him I'd had a session with Matt the Torturer five years ago on my right knee, and it lamed me for the better part of the week.  He wanted to know when. (sardonic laugh)

I searched through my blog last night, using different tag. And hurray, I found the exact date. Since I don't have his exact email address at SporTreat, I sent it in as a general message, asking it to be forwarded to Hayden.

Session was good, but as usual, my left leg is really complaining a lot. Got a bit of swelling around the knee. Regardless of that, I did get some good news. Hayden said that he can tell I've 'put the work in' about home exercises and walking. And it shows that I am on the right side of the bell curve, but he won't tell me what it is, because he thinks I'll go "Good enough." and discontinue the exercising/rehab on the leg.

He needs to talk to Matt, or Meg The Merciless.  I don't just up and quit just because something is going right.  If anything, it increases my determination to do what needs to be done, be damned about temporary discomfort. He's sorta new, but after a few more weeks, he will see I am up for challenges to get my leg strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment