Monday, September 19, 2022

The art of the polite, and public, complaint

I had been wrangling (textually) with PetCover regarding Loki's lumpectomy. And after many of what I took to be (and were) condescending and patronizing replies, I let my fingers do the walking, and gave them a 1 star rating on Google Review, and with out rancor I typed up the time line of everything that happened.

Someone from the parent company replied, but I hadn't bothered to read it.

Next day, I got a phone call from M***. He told me this entire mess was because he has misread my email, thought I wanted it canceled. Not only is Loki's insurance reinstated (with handy dandy monthly installments instead of huge lump sum) but a huge hunk of change was rebated from his lumpectomy.

I am very satisfied with this outcome, but why the heck didn't they do this at the outset, instead of leaving me in tears over them canceling Loki's policy, then denying the claim?  Well, we are all human and make mistakes, and I for one am grateful to M*** for getting this tangled mess straightened out. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment