Saturday, February 28, 2009

Telling me something can't be done

Means I listen, nod politely, and then try to do it. And sometimes succeed.

My son told me we can't re-inflate the bottom level of my blow up pool, that most of, if not all, of the water has to be drained out to re-inflate the pool.

I went out to clean it today, as some of the heavy rain caused the tarp to get weighted in the center, and part of it fell into the pool, dropping some dirt and leaves into it. After I cleaned that up, I checked out the pools inflation valves. The light bulb went off over my head.

I brought the vacuum cleaner out, put the hose on the exhaust portion of it, and plunked my butt down onto the bricks. I used my feet to push on the pool, until the valve was facing me. While I kept my feet there propping up the side of the pool, I turned on the vacuum cleaner, unscrewed the cover, removed the rubber stopper, and topped up the air in the lower level of the pool. Then I did the same to the upper part.



No comments:

Post a Comment