Saturday, October 17, 2009

An annoyance..really

I have been having a problem with my Acer overheating and shutting down. Vents are clear, not blocked. I used canned air to make sure no dust or dander from our three cats and assorted flotsam was gumming up the works, and even have a small clip on desk fan circulating air to keep it cooled off, as core 2 duos can run a bit hot.

But after 3 shutdowns, I decided to hobble my machine. I set both CPUs to run at only 80%. Yes, it has slowed my system down a bit, but if you figure how much time I was losing because of the shutdowns (no warning, just faded to black and then off) and had to reboot and restart whatever I was doing, it's not that big a price to pay... I hope.

And of course, my XP laptop has decided to lock up when starting some programs. *sigh* Running NOD32 scan on it now.



No comments:

Post a Comment