Monday, October 19, 2009

Camera repair

I shipped my FZ30 to Authorized Panasonic Repair/Service center. The outcomes would be one of

1: The lens can be cleared of dust, camera re-conditioned and sent back. (About $250AUD)
2: The lens has to be replaced, camera re-conditioned and then sent back. (About $400AUD or more)
3: If #2, would I prefer to have an FZ50, ex-show model, that is still under warranty. FZ30 still returned.

Well, I now have an FZ30 and an FZ50. I have to admit, it is a step in many ways. I can still use the FZ30, but that dust makes auto-focus, especially for macros very dicey. It can be easily used for Non-macro shots (scenics, portraits etc) because I can edit the 'mote' out should it appear.

A few of the improvements: I can set the external flash settings to manual or have the camera manage it. (Manual, fershure) 10.1 megapixels. All the equipment I got for the FZ30 will work with the 50.

The first photo taken with the FZ50. This is a 1 meg file, 3600x2400





No comments:

Post a Comment