Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wow, I am exhausted

But very happy.

Mega Thanks to Bunny_M for taking me to Perth Zoo, and for understanding that my mind wants my legs to run, but a slow steady walk is all they can both do.

Got many good photos, but if I am going to use the telephoto lens, I really need to bring my monopod.

Dayam that Estuarine Crocodile aka Simmo the Salty is a biggun, and it's only 4 meters long! (yeah, right, only).



Bunny, this is the panoramia I made. Full sized image is 40 megs.

It must be that time of the year, because we saw many birds exhibiting courting behavior.

Black Spoon Bills



As much as I fully say kids have the right to visit the Zoo, parents really need to teach them manners. Headed into a few places, where there are signs that say "SHHHH", and the kids would go clomping through, hollering, screaming and yelling. Too many little girls allowed to shriek for no reason in an enclosed building isn't easy on the ears of humans, so can only imagine how the Ghost Bats felt. Also, chasing the birds isn't really all that cute.

And then there was the idiot, that in spite of all the "THIS IS A SMOKE FREE PLACE" signs all over the place, lighting up, and attempting to cup it in your hand to hide it is stupid. The smell of it is very distinct, as is this photograph I took of you trying to hide it.



Even with the screaming kids, and idiot smokers, I still had a great time. And I hope to do it again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment