Monday, May 31, 2010

I don't like liars and thieves, or people who pull a bait and switch

My son spotted a game Steam was selling a game, under the guise of "Pre-Order to save money!" that he requested for his birthday. So, I purchased it for him.

Imagine how we felt when just 6 weeks later, they are selling the game for $20 less and it's a deluxe edition with game packs and addons.

.Hereby transpires my emails to them, their lame assed reply, and my rebuttal.

1 « Message by you on Sat, 29th May 2010 7:31 pm »
I pre-ordered this game as a gift for my son. The adverts gave the impression that to pre-order would save money. Now find that you are NOW selling it for $46 and you get extra games and the deluxe edition of the game.

Not happy at all about this. Had I known you were going to drop the price by so much in just a month or so, and have gotten the entire shebang.


Lame assed reply:

2 « Message by Rudy on Sun, 30th May 2010 1:35 pm »
Hello Sandra,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The terms of the transaction, including the price, were outlined at the time of your purchase. Unfortunately, our billing system is automated and we have no option to offer a partial refund on a game or to apply a credit to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding.


My rebuttal:

3 « Message by you on Sun, 30th May 2010 4:25 pm »
Hello Rudy,

Thank you for contacting me.

No inconvenience, but what you did is called a either a "bait and switch" or "sandbagging". You sold the game under the guise that pre-ordering would save money, then turned around and sold a deluxe version for less. You should have offered an upgrade to those who have purchased the lesser version, especially since the game was purchased 6 weeks ago. I don't want a refund.

The excuse of blaming your billing department is lame. I, and the person I purchased the game from, will inform others to not fall for your 'pre-order early to save!' line, and with the word of mouth, especially with online gamers like we are, it will spread.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment