Monday, October 18, 2010

*collapses in heap of nerves*

I submitted the last CanonEOS Photo5 Brief #5 Open Brief//Inspired By Sound.

I had originally thought of photographing someone playing a musical instrument, or maybe even photos of just musical instruments, but then I realised that wasn't the point of of the brief.

A photograph that I was inspired by sound to take.

Whispering Waves in the Pylons.



Inspired by the sound of waves lapping soothingly against the hulls of moored boats, and of the wind whistling through the ropes and hardware, almost lulling me into a doze. I watched and listened for about 10 minutes, enjoying the rise and fall of the boats while listening to the water gently lapping on them. Then it was a matter of getting the right angle on the pylons for a feeling of depth.



No comments:

Post a Comment