Thursday, June 21, 2012

I like FireFox as my main browser

I have for years. But for the past two 'updates' to 12 and 13 have really sucked! When my browser/computer grinds to almost a halt, and I start task manager and see that FF is using 2.6 gb (no, not a typo) of memory, and there is only one page open, that is one helluva memory leak!

I do have Chrome on my computer, but there are certain tools I have in FF that just aren't there in Chrome, so switching to just Chrome isn't an option. So, I downloaded earlier versions, and have 'down graded'. So are, no humongous memory leak. Yes, I know there were issues with previous versions, and all the FF support people go on and on about the problems with earlier versions, but the issues with the current version makes downgrading the right option .

No comments:

Post a Comment