Friday, June 15, 2012

That's a first in a long long time

Rode my bike to dental exam/cleaning appointment. Hygienist very pleased with the progress. Go back for check up in 3 months.

On the way home.. let's just say I met with a slight accident. Part of a sidewalk/bike path I take to get back home had been undermined, and the soil on the left side of it had dropped about 2 inches (6 or 7 cms). This wasn't visible, and when I came up to it, I felt the jolt of the bike dropping down like off a curb, applied disc and drum brake, and put my left foot out to re-acquire balance. That's when the soil erosion came into play. I was overbalanced, felt the bike falling. Was almost at a standstill, so I let go, tried to clear it and not let the bike crash too hard to the ground. I took a bit of a tumble, landing on left hip, leg and hand. I think I was more surprised than hurt. This is the first time in decades that I have had a tumble from a bike.

Anyhow, I got back on.Rrode away with nothing more than a foot sized patch of damp soil on my left leg, a bit of dirt on the brake handle, and I managed to scoop some of the dirt into my carry basket.

Who said going to the dentist can't be exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment