Sunday, June 17, 2012

Overall, very disappointing

I had high hopes for Photoshop CS6E. It does have a few new things that are good. Content aware move/delete is good. The 3D tools are good.

But.. I don't know what bright spark decided to get rid of the 10x10 pixel Bridge Icon to 'save room', but whoever did that should be fired. Browse in mini bridge? Uhh no, I don't use minibridge as it takes up 1/4 of the workspace. Most of my tried and true plugins that worked flawlessly in CS5E either didn't work, weren't recognised or would crash. The plugin creators worked fast, and updated them to work with CS6... most of the time.

Let's move on to Adobe Bridge: to say it's slow is understatement. Even if you close it on a certain folder, restart bridge so it opens in that folder again, it treats the images as if they were newly imported, "Building Criteria", rebuilding the thumbnails.... each and every %#$$$^# time. Were their code monkeys actually MONKEYS??!! I have tried ever tweak and adjustment listed on the Adobe Forums to no avail. I posted about it on the Adobe Forums, and hope that more than Corporate Shills or brown nosers trying to snipe at people can answer it with something that works! CS5 E Bridge loads noticeably faster, so I know it's not the computer.

My suggestion: if your camera RAW file is supported by CS5 and under, don't bother with this. To me, CS6 should have been released as a patch or update for CS5 with Adobe Camera Raw support for newer cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment