Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dammit

While doing something for me, Alan stubbed his toe hard, tripped and sliced the ball of his left foot, like paring an orange peel, about 2cms long, 1cm wide about 1/4 cm deep.

He came in, I immediately got clean wet cloth, Bactine, normal sailine, and the first aid kit. Cleaned around the wound with the wet cloth, flushed the wound with the saline, making sure to get any and all particulates and dirt out of it. The came the Bactine to disinfect and relieve pain. Then put a sterile dressing on it, pressing the section of skin back into the divit. Then wrapped the foot with sterile gauze wrap, pinned it into place, then placed a dirt proof/water proof dressing over the area of the wound only to prevent dirt from working its way through the gauze.

It took me less than 3 minutes to get everything done. Fed him a few ibuprofen, because I know it's going to start throbbing pretty soon. Will keep an eye on it for any swelling or redness not associated with the wounding aka red lines or infection.

Yes, I have made first aid skillz. And I need a new bottle of Bactine

No comments:

Post a Comment