Thursday, April 11, 2013

Most because I don't want to put up with snide comments

I've put myself on an exercise regime... in my back yard. I pop in my earbuds, start up an audio book, then do as many laps walking in the back yard, without limping, as I can. It's a quick walk, not a meander, but a brisk pace. Wing reckons the back yard from end to end is 20 meters, so 40 meters per lap.

The first day, 10 laps. Second day, 15 laps. Third day, 15 laps but managed to do them quicker. Today, 20 laps. Tomorrow, I'm going to try for 25, which will make it a full kilometer round trip.

I'm doing it about the same time every afternoon, when i start feeling a bit drowsy. Then I feel energized for the rest of the day, and, as a bonus, sleeping much better at night.

I will never get back to being able to dance like I used to, but if I can at least get physically fit, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment