Thursday, April 18, 2013

Shopping around pays off

I've been doing some more macro photography, but can't seem to get those really up close and personal images. Did some research, and found out what was needed are macro extension rings, and for ease of use, ones that retained auto-focus.

So, First thing I did was check out reviews of specific brands. Some were dismissed due to not having auto focus capabilities. Then a few more dismissed for reviews starting at dismal to mediocre.

I ended up selecting Aputure, as they had consistanty good ratings. This is where the shopping around paid off. Most of the prices were $80 to $100 for a set of three. I kept looking, and found them on sale for $39.95 + $7.50 shipping. Have placed order. :)

I also looked for extension rings for Wing 's Olympus OM-D macro lens. I could have gotten 5 sets for what it cost to get one set for his OM-D. I think it's probably because his camera/lens kit is much newer. Canon EOS has been out there for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment