Friday, June 28, 2013

Not going to allow her to say no no no all the time

Wing 's mom is truly suffering from depression. And couple that with anxiety it means she isn't sleeping, or eating, losing weight, having memory lapses.

She had an assessment from an "Active Care Giver" service, and pretty much said all the same things we have been saying for months and months. Severe depression, anxiety, sleep deprivation, borderline malnutrition. She was offered "Meals On Wheels" but she said no. Fine. We are getting a vacuum food sealer that can seal wet and dry, and we will prepare food here, keeping in mind her dietary restrictions (no red meat or pork). And if needs be, I will hop on my trusty bike, and deliver them on a daily basis. Then I will sit there and wait until she has eaten whats been brought, and will only leave until I get the dishes cleaned. She can put them away.

I will keep doing thing until her signs of malnutrition start abating. I don't care if she whines, complains etc etc. Do not mess with the American Daughter In law. Her days of guilting Wing into doing things her way all the time are over. Enough. I don't do guilt, and if someone tries to guilt trip me, I don't cave in, I get pissed off and fight back.

If she tries to make it a game of choosing between giving in to her, or keeping Wing sane and healthy, it's Wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment