Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Smash forehead into keyboard to continue

Round 2 with Adobe (non)support. The first round.. I would be charitable to say the guy was a moron. This isn't harsh, but the truth. After telling me there was nothing he could, that I should contact them in 2 or 3 hours (I waited 3 just to be sure) for their tech to be there, as he could not answer my question: Can I reinstall over the corrupted version, or just to a plain uninstall, as the failed update yesterday did something and the deactivate option was greyed out."

Nope, he hadn't a clue, I had to talk to tech support, as this wasn't an 'installation issue'. Really?

So, after three hours, I login to Customer Care. Go through the same song and dance, only to get transferred to their tech (hey, wait a minute! You were supposed to be the tech support!). I get into support chat with Kal. Again, song and dance, failed update, nothing working, can't deactivate, can I just overwrite... etc etc etc.

I will give Kal good marks, as he told me to uninstall, use the Adobe Clean Up tool, and just reinstall. I asked him about deactivation/reactivation. He told me I didn't need to because it's the Creative Suite Master Collection.

*insert the sound of my teeth grinding right about here*

Sandra: I don't need to reactivate it after installation? Just reinstall from the DVDs?

Kal : Correct. If you face any activation issue, feel free to contact us back. We will be glad to assist you with.

Sandra: Why didn't the guy from "Installations and activations" tell me that 3 hours ago??

Kal : I am sorry for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment