Saturday, April 12, 2014

For the time being...

I set up an old external monitor to my laptop, giving me a semblance of normal operating procedures here.  I ordered the part, and found a local computer repair person who will then come out to the house to pop open the computer and replace the faulty inverter board.  I will be watching how the all in one is dismantled, so I can do it next time.  I've never worked on an all in one before, and although I did find the online manual as to how to do it, I want to see it done before I attempt a repair myself.

Still have 2 hours waiting for the full system image back up on the desktop to finish.

Alan's computer is in the shop for diagnostics.  Not certain if it's the motherboard or the hd. No use trying to fix one thing when it's something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment