Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wasn't quite the results I was hoping for.

Turns out the seller of the Inverter Board listed wrong model compatibility.  In home tech spent hours taking my computer down to its parts and there is no, I repeat, no inverter or inverter board located anywhere in the machine.

I have informed the seller of inverter board of this, and the out of pocket cost for having a tech work in my home ($110 ph labor. Luckily for me he didn't charge me for all 4 hours, just 2. )

The goodish news is it. Everything is set up again as it was, using two external monitors.  Also, whoever designed this computer had oatmeal for brains. There is an hdmi out cable that goes no where.  So, after bank account recovers from this expense, since the computer itself is in great condition, I am going to get an HDMI out compatible monitor, and an HDMI extension and just rock two monitors. 

Problems solved!

Mega kudos to Alan for helping me get everything set up again.  Worth his weight in gold, he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment