Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Day 3 of 'counting steps'

Although I have been 'lapping' the back yard, I had no way of keeping track of what I was doing, or progress, so installed a pedometer app on my phone.  I also have audio books installed so I don't get bored and stop too soon.

The only problem is this: I don't always keep my phone on me, so making sure I get X number in each day, not just during when I do the laps is a bit problematical.  Now, I do the laps at a quick clip, to increase heart rate and respiration and to maintain the elevated rate.  I will slow down if I find my left leg going all 'jelly' on me, and when it stops feeling as if I am dragging, the speed goes back up. When I find that slowing down doesn't stop the jelly leg feeling, I walk slowly to cool down, and then come back in.

Still find it funny that I can feel the muscles in my right quads twitch when I'm done, but nothing in the left leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment