Thursday, June 25, 2015

Once more unto the breach...

aka data migration, 2nd attempt.

After sending diagnostic reports to Zinstall and my trading emails, they called me (gawd I wish they would pay attention to the time difference. I clearly stated UTC +8 Perth) but they told me that disabling Malwarebytes isn't good enough, that it has to be uninstalled. Also, even though it's not running, the AVG toolbar included in Google Chrome would also interfere with a clean data migration.

So, started Zinstall, letting it run overnight and  made a new container/image with no anti virus/spyware running. Then last night, I started Zinstall migration. Since I have it on an external USB drive it's taking longer. Currently at 22% done.

So, on my Vaio, but this time I have external HDMI monitor hooked up. Yes,my workflow is so ingrained, I hooked up monitor to the laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment