Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sometimes it does pay to politely complain

I got a response regarding the repair cost:

Hi Sandra

yes you are correct on this being over charged. the problem is is should
have just been a call out fee plus materials. but was done as a quote of
pictures and spread  sheet.

so here is what you should have been charged

3 hours @ $76.00 = $228.00
clearnet @$21.22
cable ties@$12.00
GST      @ $26.12
*TOTAL = $ 261.22*

CHARGED $ 711.29

Sandra, sorry about the mix up I do apologise. you have credit for $450 .
if it is any conciliation we can send you a new three teer pethouse nomally
$475.00 plus $75 freight. we would send as exchange no freight charge. no
more to pay.

I have replied thus:

Thank you for seeing to this so quickly, it is very much appreciated.  And so is the offer of the cat tower, but as we already have three cat towers, there is no room or need for a 4th. As this was charged to my credit card, I would prefer to have it refunded to that credit card.   You have my credit card details there, but if you need them again, I will gladly provide them.

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment